Early bird is a free morning program for all grades. Parents can drop off their child between 7:15 AM and the beginning of class.
- 3rd/4th grade and 0 hour students can enter through the Front Door.
- All other students should be dropped off at the courtyard gate in the front of the school.
- 5-12th grade Students work on homework or study with their peers quietly in the cafeteria. Students may have an option to have a morning recess if weather permits.
- On a snow delay, Early Bird starts at 9:15 AM.
About Late Bird
Late Bird is a supervised program for all students to use after regular school hours. It is a fee service we provide as a convenience to busy parents. This year Late Bird activities will include:
- peer tutoring
- study hall
- academic support
- organization tools
- fun activities
The school receives no funding for Late Bird, so it must be self-sustaining. If your student is not in tutoring or an extracurricular, they will be sent to Late Bird at 4:00 PM.
When is it available?
Beginning the second day of school (Tuesday, August 9th), Late Bird will be available Monday through Friday 2:45 PM to 5:30 PM.
Late Bird will also be available during early release days until 3:30 PM.
How does it work?
- Upper school students - Students who do not have an 8th hour elective (2:45PM-3:45PM), tutoring, or have not been picked up will sign into 8th hour Late Bird in the MPR. In Late Bird students can choose to either do their homework quietly or relax in the courtyard outside. 8th hour Late Bird will incur a fee of $2.00 a day or $25.00 a month.
- 3rd/4th grade - Late Bird begins at 3:30 PM but is free of charge until 4:00 PM.
- 5-12th Grade - At 4:00 PM, all students who have not been picked up or are not in tutoring/clubs will be directed Late Bird to sign in with a supervisor.
Signing out your student - After 4:00pm, 4-7th grade parents are required to park and walk in to sign out their students from Late Bird. Upper school students may sign themselves out (8-12th).
What are the rules?
- Please send your child to school with snacks and a drink. Please keep in mind that there is no refrigerator or microwave available.
- Students are not permitted to leave campus and return to Late Bird at a later time.
- During Late Bird, students must behave in accordance with the Code of Conduct. This means all school disciplinary policies have to be followed. The school reserves the right to exclude students from the Late Bird Program for disruptive behavior or any other misconduct.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices are not permitted at any time. If a student needs to contact his/her guardian to be picked up, the student may go to the front office and request to use a phone in the observed foyer area.
- Please pay your Late Bird fees (details below). We depend on your payments to sustain the program.
- Students are not allowed to be in the halls during 8th hour or after school without a hall pass from the Late Bird Supervisor.
- If students forget or write incorrect information on the sign In/Out sheets, they will be sent to Office 9.
Can my child leave Late Bird without obtaining a parent/guardian signature?
All 4-7 grade students signed into Late Bird must be signed out by a parent/guardian after 4:00 PM. Upper school students may sign themselves out if they have a "Walk off Campus Form" available in the first day packet.
Are there exceptions to the Late Bird Fee?
Students remaining in the parking lot or not attending a tutoring or club session will be escorted to Late Bird and charged a fee after 4:00 PM regardless of the amount of time in Late Bird. The Exceptions are:
- Students waiting to be picked up after an extracurricular activity have a 10 minute grace period before they are signed into Late Bird.
- Students waiting in Late Bird until their Extracurricular Activity start time will not be charged, but they must still sign in and note the activity they are waiting for.
- If a student is required to wait in Late Bird due to a club or tutoring cancelation, there will be no charge for that day.
Late Bird payments are non-refundable and will be charged monthly through SMART for Charters accounts.
Late Bird Fees:
- Free of charge-3rd/ 4th Grade students in Late Bird before 4:00 PM
- $15.00/day-Students do not need to sign up, parents use Late Bird whenever needed and are charged the fee through SMART for Charters
- $150.00/month (Discounted Price)-Please sign up on the attached Late Bird Registration Form
- $650.00/Semester (Discounted Price)- Please sign up on the attached Late Bird Registration Form
- $1250.00/year (Discounted Price)- Please sign up on the attached Late Bird Registration Form
8th Hour Late Bird Fees:
- $2.00/day 8th hour ONLY- Students do not need to sign up, parents use Late Bird whenever needed and are charged the fee through SMART for Charters.
- $25.00/monthly- Please sign up on the attached Late Bird Registration Form.
Early Release-Late Bird will run until 3:30 PM on early release days
Late Pick-Up Policy:
Any students not picked up by 5:30pm will be charged a late fee of $25.00
If no parent contact has been made by 6:00pm and the student has not been picked up, police will be notified.
Late Bird phone number: (928) 774-5502
Jake Anderson - Late Bird Coordinator